Sunday, August 22, 2010

Once Upon a Child...

Call me cheap (I prefer frugal, though :P) but I LOVE Once Upon a child. It is a consignment store for babies. They sell name-brand, gently used clothes, gear and toys.

I don't need to shop there, but I want to! Why spend so much on clothes they will only wear for a little while? Heck, some of the stuff there still has tags! The best part? I can take in my daughter's old stuff and get money.

I think in the last 5 months, I have spent about $100 (total) on name-brand clothes for my daughter. Most of my purchases at this store are paid for because I always bring in new stuff. I'm sure you know what I mean... Babies grow faster than you can blink! I have heard a few people say that they would never do something like this. Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is, but to each their own. :P

The fact that it is down the street is both a blessing AND a curse, though because I want to go all the time! (My husband doesn't mind though because I get my shopping fix for cheap!) I like going often because their stock changes all the time. In fact, I am going to go today.

If you are interested in finding out more about Once Upon a Child, see http://www.onceuponachild.com/
If you don't have one near you, try looking up "children's consignment stores." I know they are out there, but I don't know of any others. Good luck and happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment