Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Mommies Network

I wanted to thank The Mommies Network for featuring one of my blogs on their blogger! You can see that here. And also making it possible to make friends in this town.

I am incredibly awkward when it comes to meeting new people. I wasn't in high school, but then again, I am not being forced to sit next to people for 180+ days at a time anymore... I tend to be quite judgmental and jump to conclusions. I also always assume people will not like me. The thought of introducing myself to someone makes me cringe.

I was very excited when I found Clarksville Mommies. (A part of the Mommies Network.) Here was a low-key way to meet women who share the same interests as you- your children. The site has a chat, forums and a monthly calendar- which, might I add, is always full! I have been a member of the site from almost the very beginning, but due to everything that happened with G's birth, I had not been to any events. I can finally drive again and I took G to our first playdate the other day.

I was very nervous, but the other women accepted me and my daughter with open arms. I was extremely relieved because, like I said, I am very awkward when I meet new people.

I cannot wait to go to my next event. I (and my daughter) need more friends and being stuck in the house is not a way to make them, lol.

If you are interested in learning more about the Mommies Network and/or seeing if you have one in your area see- themommiesnetwork.org

No comments:

Post a Comment