Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gay Rights are Human Rights

I am extremely pro-gay rights. I have been asked why I care so much, so here's why...

Call me cliche, but I want better for my daughter. I want her to grow up knowing it is okay to be herself. I want her to know that she is beautiful and perfect just the way she is.

And, if she isn't gay? I want her to stand up for what is right. I want her to be the child that stands up for the bullied kid. I want her to take his/her hand and tell them THEY are beautiful and perfect, just the way they are. Nothing would make me more proud then to know my daughter can see passed what others seem to get so hung up on. (Race, religion, sexuality... you name it.)

Gay rights are civil rights. Separate but equal wasn't fair then and it isn't fair now. Someday the "hot topic" of that is currently gay marriage will be a thing of the past. I look forward to that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment