Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Deployments and health worries

My husband has been gone for a week now, and I am doing a lot better than I expected to. I miss him a ton, but I have a feeling that these next few months will go by very fast... And with my daughter I don't have a ton of time to be sad. I am excited to send him his first care package as well; I always loved putting them together.

I have some health concerns that may or may not be a problem. My kidneys are acting up, and the urologist seems concerned. I don't know yet whether her "concern" is making sure there is nothing seriously wrong, or if there is a possibility that there IS something seriously wrong.

On Friday I will have a KUB (kidneys, ureter, bladder) x-ray done and a CT scan of the kidneys. She says it is possible that the reason I get frequent kidney infections is because of kidney stones. We will see, I guess...

I go from being concerned to not worrying about it. I will drive myself insane if I think about all the things that could be wrong. I know it kills Jason to be away while I have to undergo testing like this though. He tends to be paranoid.

I really don't like telling my friends about stuff like this, because they either pretend they care or feel like they have to be sympathetic. I am not looking for sympathy. It is something I deal with.... and have been dealing with for a while. Anyway, I'm sure I will be updating when I hear something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment