Monday, December 6, 2010

Top Reasons why I Feel the Need to Purge Facebook Regularly...

I know I am not the only person who regularly defriends people from Facebook. These are the number one reasons someone is considered for "defriending." (In no particular order)

1. The "Woe is me" friend- I get it, sometimes life sucks. A person is constantly being tested with shit... And everything always seems to go wrong at the same time. Times are tough for everyone, I promise, woe is me friend, you are not the only one going through hard times. The difference? Not everyone feels the need to post it all over facebook.


2. Constant competition- Nothing annoys me more. Those people always have better material possessions and/or have the better relationship... and they want to make sure you know it. Does this fool anyone? When someone does this, I write them off. Obviously, they are jealous and feel the need to try to make others jealous... Otherwise, what is the point?
Example- My husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend is the best! He bought me ______, _______ and _________. It cost $____. He/She really loves me.

3. The "Been there, done that" friend- You broke your leg? Wuss! This friend broke both arms AND both legs.. AT THE SAME TIME! Your toddler is walking? Well their INFANT is walking AND came out of the womb humming Bach, because they only listened to classical music during their pregnancy!

(See number 2, these people are usually competitive too!)

4. Drama Queens/Kings- Okay, your husband is an asshole. Do not post 5 million times about how he is cheating scum and then a month later expect all of your friends to be happy when you decide to take him back. Your friends are not jealous, they are looking out for you. After all, you yourself called him scum. Did you not? There is no need to get in arguments on a status update. It doesn't look like you "have your man's back" when you threaten to kick your best friend's ass, it makes you look like trash. She is keeping YOUR best interests in mind!

5. The big spenders who still live with their parents- No, I don't think it is a good idea to try to conceive when you live with your parents... Move out and stop mooching. Also, please do not brag to me about the wonderful things you buy that child. Yes, I have a child and NO she does not have every thing in the world, nor does she need it. Grow up. I don't have time for that crap. I have a mortgage to worry about. If I could live rent/mortgage free, believe me, I would.

This also applies to the people who cannot provide the basics for themselves and/or their families but continue to buy shit they don't need. I am not jealous of your shit, I think you are being irresponsible.

I KNOW there are more, but I can't seem to think right now... What are YOUR biggest pet peeves on facebook?

No comments:

Post a Comment